Careers at SBA
At SBA we succeed because of the team we have built. Our employees each bring something to the table and contribute toward a strong and dynamic team. Scroll through our job postings below and with the job title in the subject line. Please email only once per listing, and only to (for both Orangeville and Orillia job postings).
Why should you work at SBA? Read on…
- We have an employee first focus. Happy employees = happy clients!
- You’ll be a part of a dedicated, close knit team of professionals – tons of support and a focus on collaboration
- SBA team members are empowered to manage their own career path! We never put an employee in a box; you’ll be consistently exposed to new and exciting projects
- We offer challenging work experience and opportunities to continuously grow and improve
- Our team building events are awesome – golf, volunteer and community initiatives
- We offer the opportunity to work with clients across Ontario on a variety of projects ranging from planning studies to large infrastructure projects, including particularly rewarding projects (i.e. securing clean drinking water for First Nation communities)
- We offer traditional benefits – prescription, dental, life insurance, etc.
- And we make sure to include a Fitness benefit, too!
Plus our coffee machine rocks and pumps out coffee all day long!
Current Positions at SBA
Energy Planning / Project Coordinator (Orangeville / Orillia)
S. Burnett & Associates Limited (SBA) is looking for a dynamic individual to join our Community Energy Plan (CEP) team. The Applicant should be a graduate of an environmental, building science or technology program with at least three (3) years of relevant experience in Canada. The successful candidate must be a self-starter, have exceptional communication skills and be willing to travel throughout Ontario to complete energy audits and present findings to clients and community members.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills;
- Ability to travel to remote communities;
- Experience completing building energy audits is preferred;
- Strong ability to prioritize tasks and organize large amounts of data/information;
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook);
- Experience in the renewable Energy Sector an asset but not required.
- Working with First Nation communities to develop energy management plans;
- Data management, input and analysis;
- Technical report writing and data analysis through Microsoft Office and other energy related software;
- Organize and attend community and project meetings related to the ACEP project;
- Present results at client and community meetings;
- General administrative and office management duties.
Additional Information We are looking for a team member with a minimum of three (3) years experience in consulting engineering, renewable energy and/or community outreach. Knowledge and experience completing energy audits or experience in the renewable energy sector would be considered an asset. Exceptional communication skills and a willingness to travel are required.
How to Apply
If interested, please submit a cover letter and résumé by email to .