S. Burnett and Associates Limited (SBA) is currently accepting resumes for the position of Administrative Assistant – Clerical/Reception Support. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and have strong interpersonal and communication skills. They will also demonstrate proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite. The successful candidate will fulfill a front desk role, including answering phones, courier services, scheduling, and event coordination. This role will also support the Executive Assistant with general errands, travel planning, event support, and clerical formatting of documents while also managing general office duties.
- General clerical duties include front desk reception, answering phones, filing, scheduling boardrooms and conference calls, and managing and receiving couriers.
- Answer electronic and telephone enquiries.
- Assist with office errands, ordering office supplies, travel planning and event coordination.
- Supporting the Executive Assistant with clerical formatting of documents, including letters, reports and tender documents, and producing final materials: printing and binding reports, proposals, etc. Coordinating outsourced printing services when required.
- Consistently demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Implementation and management of the company’s documentation standards.
- The successful applicant must be available to physically be in the office when needed for printing, general errands, receiving/sending couriers, and front desk duties, as required.
Requirements and Skills
- College diploma/degree in administration or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Minimum 3+ years of experience in a similar position in a professional environment.
- Excellent knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite – Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Ability to work under pressure and demonstrate attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to proofread and edit technical reports and correspondence (for accuracy, grammar, punctuation, formatting, etc.).
- Ability to manage multiple assignments simultaneously.
- Prior experience formatting and preparing documents for professional submission is considered an asset.
Working at SBA
SBA is a company that values community, attention to our client’s needs and excellence in our services. We strive to create a positive work/life balance to appreciate the hard work of our employees and provide a welcoming, positive, and inclusive work environment. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to valuing diversity and inclusivity in the workplace, and we welcome resumes from all qualified candidates.
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation.
- Flexible working hours and work-from-home opportunities.
- Inclusive benefits package – 100% on dental, extended health care including prescription drugs, vision and professional services including massage and chiropractor.
- Additional fitness/wellness benefits.
- RRSP company matching plan.
- Recruiter’s bonus for referred and hired employees.
- Yearly company events include friendly staff golf tournaments, summer BBQs, and Christmas parties.
- We seek to develop relationships with a broad and diversified client base in the First Nation, Municipal and Private sectors. We work on various projects throughout Ontario and maintain close relationships with our clients to provide services as their communities grow. We encourage involvement in the community and support our local communities with initiatives, events and sponsorships.
How to Apply
If interested, please submit a cover letter and resume by email to email@example.com.