S. Burnett Associates Limited (SBA) is an established consulting firm that has built a strong reputation
for providing engineering and environmental consulting services for municipal, First Nation and private
sector clients across Ontario. We are looking for a dynamic individual to join our team to deliver
Contract Administration and Construction Management duties out of our Orangeville office. The
successful applicant will be a graduate of engineering technology or degree program, preferably in a
civil or construction environment, with at least 8 to 10 years of hands-on construction management
experience in Canada.
The individual must be a self-starter and have strong organizational and communication skills and be
comfortable coordinating multiple projects simultaneously. This position will have a high level of
accountability and responsibility that typically accompanies the role. Must be willing to travel for
construction meetings throughout northern and southern Ontario in order to oversee First Nation and
municipal projects as needed.
- College diploma/degree in the field of civil / construction engineering or equivalent combination of
training and experience.
- Minimum 8+ years of experience in a similar position.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Sound knowledge of Ontario design and technical standards and guidelines (i.e.: OPS / CCDC).
- Solid understanding of and importance of project deadlines and budgets.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills to fulfill reporting needs and other job requirements.
- Contract administration and construction management.
- Managing, overseeing, and guiding on-site inspection staff.
- Preparation of site reports, payment certificates, change orders, site instructions, and other contract-related duties.
- Provide construction administration support to field inspection for a variety of projects
including water/wastewater treatment process upgrades, water & sewer installation, road construction, building and foundation construction, etc.
- Verify the accuracy of construction work based on engineering drawings and specifications.
- Prepare for, attend and lead site meetings with clients and contractors.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Top-tier medical and dental plan for all full-time employees.
- Challenging and rewarding work in a variety of sectors.
- RRSP matching program.
- Health and wellness benefit (gym membership, organized sports etc.).
- Opportunity to grow and expand into different roles and positions within SBA.
How to Apply:
If interested, please submit a cover letter and resume by email to email@example.com.