S. Burnett & Associates Limited (SBA) is an established engineering and environmental consulting firm with a reputation for delivering client-focused consultation services for Municipal, First Nation and Private projects. At SBA, you will have the opportunity to work with a team of professionals who contribute to meaningful projects for communities across Ontario. You will collaborate with colleagues from various backgrounds and have the opportunity to work closely with clients to achieve long-term objectives and needs.
SBA is currently accepting resumes for a dynamic individual with a planning, environmental or engineering background to join our team full-time. Working at SBA can be a fast-paced environment that requires collaboration and engagement from multiple disciplines throughout project development. If you are interested in working for a diverse team of professionals, please consider applying to join our team.
The applicant should be a graduate of an environmental, planning, engineering, or similar program with 5+ years of relevant experience in Canada. The position will entail completing Federal and Municipal Class Environmental Assessments, assisting the Energy Team with renewable energy planning projects, funding and proposal management and development. The successful candidate must be a self-starter, have exceptional verbal and written communication skills and be willing to travel on occasion throughout Ontario to visit communities, collect and analyze data, and present findings to clients and community members. SBA can provide a hybrid and flexible work environment with remote positions available for the right individual, with the requirement to visit the office occasionally.
Responsibilities, dependent on the skills of the successful candidate, may include
- We are working with First Nation communities and Municipal clients on various environmental and planning projects.
- Report writing, including technical & planning reports and data analysis using the Microsoft Office suite of programs and other software.
- Leading community and client engagement, including developing and delivering presentations.
- Data management, input, and analysis.
- Contributes constructively and cooperatively to solving project and team issues.
- Lead projects and tasks of varying levels of complexity.
- Preparing reports, proposals and other documentation within allotted schedules and budgets.
- I am supporting senior project management staff on various projects.
- Experience in project management and community planning is an asset.
- Self-starter with solid research skills and the ability to convey new ideas and opportunities to others.
- Working in a fast-paced, challenging environment and maintaining multiple responsibilities and deadlines while working on a team or independently.
- Responsible for coordinating task or project delivery schedules, handling project logistics, assisting with budget tracking and invoicing, serve as a point person for team members or clients.
- Present information understandably and speak to clients about complex topics.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills.
- Ability and willingness to travel to remote communities.
- Strong ability to prioritize tasks and organize large amounts of data/information.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- GIS experience is an asset but not required.
Working at SBA
SBA is a company that values community, attention to our client’s needs and excellence in our services. We strive to create a positive work/life balance to appreciate the hard work of our employees and provide a welcoming, positive, and inclusive work environment. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to valuing diversity and inclusivity in the workplace, and we welcome resumes from all qualified candidates.
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation.
- Flexible working hours and work-from-home opportunities.
- Inclusive benefits package – 100% on dental, extended health care including prescription drugs, vision and professional services including massage and chiropractor.
- Additional fitness/wellness benefits.
- RRSP company matching plan.
- Recruiter’s bonus for referred and hired employees.
- Yearly company events include friendly staff golf tournaments, summer BBQs, and Christmas parties.
- We seek to develop relationships with a broad and diversified client base in the First Nation, Municipal and Private sectors. We work on various projects throughout Ontario and maintain close relationships with our clients to provide services as their communities grow. We encourage involvement in the community and support our local communities with initiatives, events and sponsorships.
How to Apply
If interested, please submit a cover letter and resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.