S. Burnett & Associates Limited (SBA) is looking for a dynamic individual for field inspection duties. The applicant will be a civil engineering technology program graduate or equivalent qualification with at least three (3) years of construction experience in Canada. This individual must be a self-starter, have strong organizational and communication skills and be willing to travel throughout Northern and Southern Ontario to oversee municipal and First Nation projects. This may include extended travel of up to multiple weeks in duration. This position is open for our Orangeville location.
- Provide field inspection for various projects, including water and wastewater treatment facilities, water and sewage purifying stations, watermain installation, road construction, building, bridge, and foundation construction, etc.
- Oversee civil infrastructure and structural testing and inspections.
- Verify the accuracy of construction based on design drawings and specifications, as required.
- Prepare for, attend and chair site meetings with clients and contractors.
- Prepare daily construction reports and other documentation as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- College diploma/degree in civil/construction engineering or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Minimum 3+ years of experience in a similar position.
- Knowledge of Canadian and Ontario design standards and guidelines.
Working at SBA
SBA is a company that values community, attention to our client’s needs and excellence in our services. We strive to create a positive work/life balance to appreciate the hard work of our employees and provide a welcoming, positive, and inclusive work environment. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to valuing diversity and inclusivity in the workplace, and we welcome resumes from all qualified candidates.
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation.
- Flexible working hours and work-from-home opportunities.
- Inclusive benefits package – 100% on dental, extended health care including prescription drugs, vision and professional services including massage and chiropractor.
- Additional fitness/wellness benefits.
- RRSP company matching plan.
- Recruiter’s bonus for referred and hired employees.
- Yearly company events include friendly staff golf tournaments, summer BBQs, and Christmas parties.
- We seek to develop relationships with a broad and diversified client base in the First Nation, Municipal and Private sectors. We work on various projects throughout Ontario and maintain close relationships with our clients to provide services as their communities grow. We encourage involvement in the community and support our local communities with initiatives, events and sponsorships.
How to Apply
If interested, please submit a cover letter and resume by email to email@example.com.