S. Burnett & Associates Limited (SBA) is an established engineering and environmental consulting firm that has built a reputation for delivering strong project management and consultation services for Municipal, First Nation and Private Projects. SBA is currently accepting resumes for the position of an Intermediate Civil Engineer with specialization in Water / Wastewater Treatment to be based out of our Orangeville office.
The ideal candidate will have a strong technical background, will lead in team building, business development and mentorship. The successful applicant will effectively manage engineers and project team members, support other sectors of the company, foster strong relationships with clients and pursue business development opportunities for SBA in the water/wastewater sector.
- Civil Engineering Degree with a minimum of 5 years of Canadian work experience.
- Previous design experience with water and wastewater treatment facilities.
- Membership in the Association of Professional Engineer (PEO).
- Strong English, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Strong sense of urgency and self-initiative to meet client deadlines.
- Knowledge of Canadian and Ontario design codes and guidelines.
Other Desirable Skills:
- Design experience with water and wastewater pump stations, treatment plants, distribution and collection systems, storage and lift stations, etc.
- Experience in water/wastewater master planning for municipalities, First Nations and/or private sector.
- Client and government approval process experience.
- Design of water/wastewater treatment infrastructures and water and wastewater master planning for municipalities, First Nation and private sector clients.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and assignments simultaneously.
- Prepare conceptual and detailed designs, calculations, layouts, and specifications.
- Provide input on proposals, feasibility studies, design, and other assignments.
- Assist in the development and implementation of engineering procedures and standards.
- Commit to ongoing mentorship of new and junior staff and overall team building.
How to Apply:
If interested, please submit a cover letter and resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.