S. Burnett & Associates Limited (SBA) is an established engineering and environmental consulting firm that has built a reputation for delivering strong project management and consultation services for Municipal, First Nation and Private Projects. SBA is currently accepting resumes for the position of an Intermediate Civil Engineer with a specialization in Water / Wastewater Treatment.
- Civil Engineering Degree with a minimum of 5 years of Canadian work experience
- Previous design experience with water and wastewater treatment facilities
- Membership in the Association of Professional Engineers (PEO)
- Strong English, written and verbal communication skills
- Strong sense of urgency and self-initiative to meet client deadlines
- Knowledge of Canadian and Ontario design codes and guidelines
Other Desirable Skills:
- Design experience with water and wastewater pump stations, treatment plants, distribution and collection systems, storage and lift stations, etc.
- Experience in water/wastewater master planning for municipalities, First Nations and/or private sector.
- Client and government approval process experience.
- Design of water/wastewater treatment infrastructures and water and wastewater master planning for municipalities, First Nation and private sector clients
- Ability to manage multiple projects and assignments simultaneously
- Prepare conceptual and detailed designs, calculations, layouts and specifications
- Provide input on proposals, feasibility studies, design and other assignments
- Assist in the development and implementation of engineering procedures and standards
- Commit to ongoing mentorship of new and junior staff and overall team building
Working at SBA:
SBA is a company that values community, attention to our client’s needs and excellence in our services. We strive to create a positive work/life balance to appreciate the hard work of our employees and provide a welcoming, positive, and inclusive work environment. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to valuing diversity and inclusivity in the workplace, and we welcome resumes from all qualified candidates.
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation.
- Flexible working hours and work-from-home opportunities.
- Inclusive benefits package – 100% on dental, extended health care including prescription drugs, vision and professional services including massage and chiropractor.
- Additional fitness/wellness benefits.
- RRSP company matching plan.
- Recruiter’s bonus for referred and hired employees.
- Yearly company events: friendly staff golf tournament, summer BBQ, Christmas party.
- We actively seek to develop relationships with a broad and diversified client base in the First Nation, Municipal and Private sectors. We work on a variety of projects throughout Ontario and maintain close relationships with our clients to provide services as their communities grow. We encourage involvement in the community and support our local communities with initiatives, events and sponsorships.
How to Apply:
If interested, please submit a cover letter and resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.