S. Burnett & Associates Limited (SBA) is an established engineering and environmental consulting firm that has built a reputation for delivering strong project management and consultation services for Municipal, First Nation and Private Projects.
SBA is currently accepting resumes for a dynamic individual to join our team full-time. The applicant should be a graduate of an environmental, energy, engineering, or similar program with 5+ years of relevant experience in Canada. The successful candidate must be a self-starter, have exceptional verbal and written communication skills and be willing to travel throughout Ontario to visit communities (in adherence with any COVID restrictions), collect and analyze data, and present findings to clients and community members.
Responsibilities, dependent on the skills of the successful candidate, may include:
- Working with First Nation communities and Municipalclients on a variety of energy, environmental and planning projects
- Report writing, including technical & planning reports, and data analysis using the Microsoft Officer suite of programs and other software
- Leading community and client engagement, including developing and delivering presentations
- Data management, input and analysis
- Lead projects and tasks of varying levels of complexity
- Preparing reports, proposals and other documentation within allotted schedules and budgets
- Supporting senior project management staff on various projects
- Experience in project management and/or community planning an asset
- Self-starter with strong research skills and the ability to convey new ideas and opportunities to others
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills
- Ability and willingness to travel to remote communities
- Strong ability to prioritize tasks and organize large amounts of data/information
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- GIS Experience is an asset but not required
Working at SBA:
SBA is a company that values community, attention to our client’s needs and excellence in our services. We strive to create a positive work/life balance to appreciate the hard work of our employees and provide a welcoming, positive, and inclusive work environment. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to valuing diversity and inclusivity in the workplace, and we welcome resumes from all qualified candidates.
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation.
- Flexible working hours and work-from-home opportunities.
- Inclusive benefits package – 100% on dental, extended health care including prescription drugs, vision and professional services including massage and chiropractor.
- Additional fitness/wellness benefits.
- RRSP company matching plan.
- Recruiter’s bonus for referred and hired employees.
- Yearly company events: friendly staff golf tournament, summer BBQ, Christmas party.
- We actively seek to develop relationships with a broad and diversified client base in the First Nation, Municipal and Private sectors. We work on a variety of projects throughout Ontario and maintain close relationships with our clients to provide services as their communities grow. We encourage involvement in the community and support our local communities with initiatives, events and sponsorships.
How to Apply:
If interested, please submit a cover letter and resume by email to email@example.com.