S. Burnett & Associates Limited (SBA) is an established engineering and environmental consulting firm with a reputation for delivering strong project management and consultation services for Municipal, First Nation and Private Projects. SBA is currently accepting resumes for the position of Junior Civil Engineer with specialization in Water/Wastewater Treatment.
The ideal candidate will have a solid technical background and works well in a team environment. The successful applicant will effectively assist engineers and project team members, support other sectors of the company, foster strong relationships with clients and assist in pursuing business development opportunities for SBA in the water/wastewater sector.
- Civil Engineering Degree with a minimum of two years of Canadian work experience.
- Previous design experience with water and wastewater treatment facilities.
- Membership in the Association of Professional Engineers (PEO).
- Strong English, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Strong sense of urgency and self-initiative to meet client deadlines.
- Knowledge of Canadian and Ontario design codes and guidelines.
Other Desirable Skills
- Design experience with water and wastewater pump stations, treatment plants, distribution and collection systems, storage and lift stations, etc.
- Experience in water/wastewater master planning for municipalities, First Nations and/or private sector.
- Client and government approval process experience.
- Design water/wastewater treatment infrastructures and water and wastewater master planning for municipalities, First Nation and private sector clients.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and assignments simultaneously.
- Prepare conceptual and detailed designs, calculations, layouts, and specifications.
- Provide input on proposals, feasibility studies, design and other assignments.
- Assist in the development and implementation of engineering procedures and standards.
Working at SBA
SBA is a company that values community, attention to our client’s needs and excellence in our services. We strive to create a positive work/life balance to appreciate the hard work of our employees and provide a welcoming, positive, and inclusive work environment. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to valuing diversity and inclusivity in the workplace, and we welcome resumes from all qualified candidates.
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation.
- Flexible working hours and work-from-home opportunities.
- Inclusive benefits package – 100% on dental, extended health care including prescription drugs, vision and professional services including massage and chiropractor.
- Additional fitness/wellness benefits.
- RRSP company matching plan.
- Recruiter’s bonus for referred and hired employees.
- Yearly company events include friendly staff golf tournaments, summer BBQs, and Christmas parties.
- We seek to develop relationships with a broad and diversified client base in the First Nation, Municipal and Private sectors. We work on various projects throughout Ontario and maintain close relationships with our clients to provide services as their communities grow. We encourage involvement in the community and support our local communities with initiatives, events and sponsorships.
How to Apply
If interested, please submit a cover letter and resume by email to email@example.com.